Invited talks, seminars, workshop participation
A Benchmarking protocol for comparing performances of grasp planning algorithms, IEEE IROS 2021 workshop on Benchmarking of robotic grasping and manipulation: protocols, metrics and data analysis, September 27, 2021.
Towards robust and goal-oriented robotic grasping and manipulation based on learning from vision and touch, Preferred Networks, 26 May, Tokyo, Japan, 2021.
Research life in robotics and AI, Women in AI, 22 October, 2020.
Object shape estimation and modeling combining visual data and tactile exploration, IEEE Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) 2020, Workshop on The Corsmal Challenge: Multi-modal fusion and learning for robotics, 8 July, London, UK.
Learning and multi-modal sensing for robotic grasping and manipulation, 30 June, Queen Mary University, London, UK.
Robust grasping and manipulation, NVIDIA Robotics Lab, 23 March, Seattle, USA.
Towards Autonomous Robotic Solutions for Agricultural Robotics, University of Lincoln, 4 March, Lincoln, UK.
AI and multi-modal sensing for Autonomous Robotic Manipulation, University of Birmingham, 3 March, Birmingham, UK.
Robust grasping and manipulation based on sensory data, University College London, 27 February, London, UK.
Learning for grasping and manipulation, Chalmers, 25 Februrary, Sweden.
Towards robust robotic grasping and manipulation applications for industrial tasks, UBTECH, Pasadena, CA, USA, 28 January 2020.
Machine Learning for robotics, University of Orebro, Sweden, 3 February 2020.
Building Embodied Intelligence that can interact with human environments, Bristol University, UK, July 2019.
SARAFun-Smart Assembly Robot with Advanced Functionalities, European Robotics Forum Workshop on Teaching by Demonstration for Industrial Applications, March 2017.
Learning Approaches for Robust Grasping and Manipulation based on Experience, IROS workshop: See, Touch, and Hear: 2nd Workshop on multimodal sensor-based robot control for HRI and soft manipulation, October 2016, South Korea.
Learning Approaches for Grasping and Manipulation, Interactive Learning and Robotics Symposium, University of Stuttgart, 14 Dec 2016.
Grasping and manipulation based on sensory data, Vicarious, September 2016.
Tactile and visual data for grasping, ICRA Workshop on Grasping and Manipulation Datasets, May, 2016.
Machine Learning for robotic grasping and manipulation, University of Bath, UK, 5 July 2016.
Towards Robust and Goal-oriented Robotic Grasping and Manipulation, Edinburgh University, 19 May 2016, UK.
Tutorial on stability and shape estimation with multi-sensory data, The SQUIRREL Winter School, Feb. 29 - March 4 2016, Austria.
Learning to assess grasp stability from vision, touch and proprioception, The workshop on Visual, tactile and force sensing for robot manipulation, the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA) 2015, 9 December 2015, London, UK.
Learning from visual and tactile data for robotic grasping and manipulation, University of Birmingham, 8 December, 2015, UK.
The Dagstuhl seminar: Multimodal Manipulation Under Uncertainty, 4--9 October, 2015, Germany.
Learning from visual and tactile data for grasping and manipulation, The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, High Performance Humanoid Technologies Lab (H2T), 14 October, 2015, Germany.
Shape and stability estimation based on learning from visual and tactile data, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, the Autonomous Motion Department, 12 October, 2015, Germany.
Enhancing Visual Perception of Shape through Tactile Glances, University of Orebro, the Centre of Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS), 18 May, 2015, Sweden.
Perception for grasping and manipulation based on learning and exploration, CSC School Day, KTH, 21 Aug 2015, Sweden.
Teaching and supervision
Modelling and Simulation, 2021, Chalmers
- Ahmet Tekden, learning for manipulation from multi-sensory data, main supervision, starting in August 2021, Chalmers
- Christiana Miranda, precision grasping of unknown objects using multimodal data, co-supervision, November 2019-present, University of Birmingham
- Shahbaz Abdul Khader, learning manipulation skills from experience, co-supervision, January 2017-June 2017, ABB
- Kaiyu Hang, grasping and manipulation, co-supervision, 2014-2015, KTH
- Puren Guler, multi-modal perception, co-supervision, 2013-2014, KTH
- Johannes Stork, in-hand manipulation, co-supervision, 2014, KTH
- Francisco Vina, grasping and manipulation, co-supervision, 2012-2014, KTH
- Zeid Al Idani, reactive grasping, main supervision, 2021, Chalmers
- Silin Wang, mobile manipulation, main supervision, 2021, Chalmers
- Gabriela Zarzar Gandler, object shape modelling and understanding using Gaussian Process Implicit Surfaces, main supervision, 2017, ABB
- Kun Yuan, benchmarking for grasping and manipulation, co-supervision, 2016, Uiniversity of Birmingham
- Jesper Karlsson, context based object recognition, main supervision, 2016, KTH
- Lu Wang, learning task-based robotic grasping, with vision, haptics and proprioception, co-supervision, 2012, KTH
- Claudio Giovanoli, potential field based tactile exploration, main supervision, 2011, KTH
- Internship and undergraduate thesis
- Alexey Gorskiy, Henrik Gronback, Hampus Hagstrand, Emil Lukic, Emma Ringstrom, Mattias Wiberg, mobile manipulation, main supervision, 2021, Chalmers
- Henrik Andersson, Badr Aldeen Alhaffar, Elliot Ferning, Jesper Krook, Filippa Kruse, Erik Magnusson, reactive grasping, main supervision, 2021, Chalmers
- Quentin Teixeira, mobile manipulation, main supervision, 2021, Chalmers
- Irem Ozcan, benchmarking grasp planning algorithms, main supervision, 2021, Chalmers
- Lucas Cosier, robot motion planning, co-supervision, BSc thesis, 2021, UCL
- Zuka Murvanidze, shape modeling, co-supervision, BSc thesis, 2021, UCL
- Hampus Andersson, Felix Gustavsson, Valdemar Krona, Olof Olivecrona, Pybullet simulation of manipulators, main supervision, 2021, Chalmers
- Clara Scherer, object pose tracking, co-supervision, BSc thesis, May-August 2015, KTH
- Judith Butepage, benchmarking for grasping and manipulation, co-supervision, March-May 2015, KTH
- Johannes Exner, shape modeling, main supervision, 2014, KTH
- Mateusz Herczka, robotic software, main supervision, 2014, KTH
- Maren Leithe, using of tactile sensors for object modelling, main supervision, 2010, KTH
- Anais Peyrucq, learning grasp stability based on tactile data, main supervision, 2010, KTH
I serve as a reviewer for:
International Journal of Humanoid Robotics, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, Big Data, International Journal of Robotics Research (IJRR), IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), Autonomous Robots (AURO), Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), IEEE Haptics Symposium, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, The International Conference on Computer Vision Systems (ICVS), Advanced Robotics, International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, IEEE Transactions on Haptics, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Conference on Robot Learning, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, ICML.